~Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words~

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Completely Cadence ~ Part the Second

Bookends, and Morsels, and Cake...Oh My!


*sigh* So here we are trying to take a family picture of Daddy, Mommy, and me and so far it isn't going so well. Daddy is too far away and Mommy keeps looking away. Plus you're not close enough for a good picture.



That's better but...Wyatt you're going to walk in front of the camera!

*exasperated sigh* Never mind, I'll just get my brothers. They like to pose for pictures with me.

"No, we don't Cadie."
Move back Jason; you're in front of me and you're blocking my light...and don't forget to smile. You never smile.

"There...how's that?"
Still blocking my light Jason.
"Oh for the love of..."

Is he smiling Jett? I can't tell because he's blocking me.
"Just smile for shit's sake or we're never getting out of here."


"Fine. Happy now Your Majesty?"
*muttering quietly* Not very.



I know, I know...it looked like I was being mean to Beth...actually some more balloons popped and I had to plug my ears. I really don't like it when balloons pop.

This is it...candle time. And that means wish time! I think Mommy is trying to say something but I'm not listening because I am too busy looking at Cooper and thinking about my wish. "Would you like to join me at the table Cooper while I make a wish?"
"Uh, no Cadie I'll just watch from here. This is your day."
"Well all right then...I shall only be a moment."

*laughing softly* "Should I be worried Coop?"
"You're really enjoying this aren't you Beth..."
"Yes...yes I am..."

All right everyone, gather around. It's time to sing while I prepare my wish and blow out all my candles on my ginormous cake.


"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you,
happy birthday dear Cadence, happy birthday to you!"

They are all probably wondering what I am going to wish for. Let's see, that's the right number of candles.

Oh what should I wish for oh dear sweet family and friends?

*big gasp* I know! I know what I will wish for!

*sucks in a deep breath*

*blows hard on all the candles right to left*

*until they are all extinguished and she is breathless and sucking in the smoke*

Yes!! I did it! I got my wish! My wish is going to come true!

Great job Cadie baby...what did you wish for?
Don't be silly Daddy; I can't tell you or it won't come true!

Whoa I feel sort of funny.

Woot! Great job Half Punk! Way to go! Let's have some cake!

Maybe I inhaled too much candle smoke...or maybe I blew too hard. I feel wobbly...

Great job sweetie pie! Want Mommy to cut the cake now?

Seriusly, I'm having a moment here. Is it getting all bright and colorful? Am I warping into the space time continuum?

Come on Cadie tell us what you wished for? And then we can have cake!

Whoa Cadence...you okay? You look a little woozy...







*a sudden, heavy blanket of silence falls on the room*

Cooper? Beth? Why is everyone looking at me like that?

Continued -> Completely Cadence ~ Part the Third

15 comments:

  1. i cannot even tell you how delightful this is! poor Coop is probably increasingly embarrassed, but it is hysterical!

    absolutely adore it! and your shots are gigantum gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, adorable. Cadence is a real fireplug! I love Coop's embarrassment, and Beth's gentle teasing!
    Wonderful shots of the transition of age!
    I still say pair her with Wyatt.
    If you can't have the father, go for the son, I always say...LOL!!
    Great shots, and love seeing all the young meat!
    Actually, Heydon is a hunk in his own right...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAYL!!! I can't believe you didn't show us a picture of the all grown up Cadence!!!

    When will we get to see her?

    I love all the pictures!!

    If I was Cadence I will go for Wyatt too! :D

    Great party! :D

    And her brothers are very handsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth LOL! It is hysterical...she is such a kick in the pants. Poor Cooper. and he is getting no sympathy...

    Karen, thank you! I really am having fun spending time with Cadence as a little girl.

    Sandy, I'm afraid I intended to leave the suspense as to how she grew up. Hard to tell based on Cooper and Beth's expressions. Is she cute? Is she troll like? (I'm going to hear about that comment)

    I will reveal all in Part the Third. As for Cadie and Wyatt...who knows? They might not like each other...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's getting so awkward for Cooper and Beth! Lol. But she's so full of sunshine. You're doing so well with the dialogue Gayl. I liked the photo taking part "for shit's sake, would you please smile?". That cracked me up so so much! Aww Jason, you're still a total cutie when you smile you know?

    I loved the variety and blend of colors. It was nice. The setting with the presents and balloons made it look so real! You've such an eye for detail! I loved every single moment of reading this. It's really cute cos Dark December and the continuation are more in the drama category (which is why it's so interesting!) so this is some light-hearted fun that we rarely get to see. Thoroughly enjoyed this :).

    Gayl strikes again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Thanks Chloe; it was a lot of fun doing this. I had never intended to have dialog or text on my photo blog but I will tie my hands to the chair before I let that girl talk me into having her own blog!

    As for the details I can only thank Beth and all the other fantastic storytellers who have shown me the way to do it right. Beth in particular. Her touch in her lots, neighborhoods, landscaping, all the little things that set the stage are what inspired me to strive for that same level of imagery. And of course Karen with her incredible talent with period pieces and setting the stage. I could never do that.

    I think I needed something light. And that little girl seriously gets me laughing out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to mention...having 3 boys to draw from doesn't hurt either. The sibling rivalry and the teasing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ROFL! That must be how the sims feel, isn't it?! Everybody keeps talking and cheering and suddenly POOF, you've grown a foot taller and you're kiddie bed just isn't going to work anymore! Wonderful shots and I really enjoyed the dialogue that goes along with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Thank you Emily. I am really enjoying Cadie's birthday. I do need to focus on something a little more serious though. And I'm sure I'll hear about that comment as well...from Little Miss I Hear Everything You Say About Me and I am Keeping a Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the banter between Cadence and her brothers. That's just sweet sibling rivalry, right there.

    I really should try this style more often, it's very laidback and all sorts of nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The majority of these shots was all free will. Only the obviously posed ones were...posed. I just wrote to the shots and didn't really have to think about it which was nice. And having Cadence in my head certainly helped.

    It was very relaxing and light for me. Which I needed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely Adorable!!!

    I love Cadie, she is spunky, funny and so real to life, LOL.

    I think Beth better watch out, never know what will happen with this little one, she obviously knows what she wants. 80) lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! I will admit I drew a lot from my own boys and the attitudes.

    Very spunky indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was absolutely hilarious! I love that little girl! She is so spunky! And that was neat to watch her go into her transition. I'm eager to see what she looks like as a teenager! I'll bet she's beautiful and even more of a handful!

    They really are a handsome family. Jason looks like he ought to be heartbreaker already. It was amusing to see their banter when they were trying to have their pictures taken. It reminded me of my three kids and the things that they would say. Very well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admit I drew a bit of that sibling banter from my own three. And Cadence is a hoot isn't she? You can see why it was difficult to let her grow up. But I suspect she hasn't changed much, maybe just has more mature goals in mind perhaps.

    Jason is a handsome guy, looks very much like his father. He is going to make some girl very lucky one day.

    ReplyDelete

~ Feedback is welcomed and appreciated ~